Sorry for the delay, everyone. Technical difficulties and all that.
There's a lot we need to update about, but we're leaving to catch a boat in a few minutes. So for now, here's the short, short version...
- We bailed out on the Spanish lessons. There was some confusion, it seems, regarding the price, and we also found ourselves resenting being tied down to a schedule for two weeks. That, and Jessica's spanish has been serving us just fine. (She speaks spanish so so so much better than she claims she is able to.)
- We need a beach. Buenos Aires is a beautiful city, and we do love it here, but it is one of the largest cities in the world, with all the crazy traffic and hectic crowds that implies. So we're off to Uruguay for a few days, to find a secluded beach no one has ever heard of, where we shall lay in the sand and play about in the water. For days and days. That sounds about right, yeah.
- We went to a tango show a few nights ago. Expect to read a lot more about this.
- We went to a football match (San Lorenzo-Chile) two nights ago. Similarly, expect to read a lot more about this.
- We went to the famous Recoleta Cemetery (pictured above), home to Evita and several hundred cats.
- You can get an entire pizza here for a dollar.
- We never expected to make such good friends on our trip. It was hard saying goodbye to Rob and Caroline a few nights ago. It was hard to say goodbye to Stuart and Jema on Thursday. It was devestating to say goodbye to Paul and Caroline last night. These are all people I now count as friends, good friends, and I hope to run across them again in our travels.
Well, it's almost 7am, and it's a long walk to the docks from here. We're supposed to meet our boat to Uruguay at 8am. We're not sure what kind of internet access we'll have from whatever little beachtown we wind up in, so it's possible we won't be able to post again for another five days or so. But don't worry about us. We absolutely couldn't be happier right now.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also like these ones: